Green Dot Public Schools offers a choice of medical plans with a range of coverage levels and costs, so you have the flexibility to select the option that’s best for you.
2022 – 2023 Medical Plan Options for Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee:
Opt-Out Credit for Electing “No Coverage”
You can receive a $75.00 per pay period payment if you waive Green Dot medical coverage because you and your covered tax dependents have other coverage that is not through the individual market — for example:
- You are covered by your spouse or domestic partner’s employer group health plan.
- You are covered by your parent or guardian’s employer group health plan.
To receive the payment, you must actively log in to Workday, elect “decline medical plan,” and complete the Opt-Out Payment Attestation Form to certify that you meet the above requirements. You will not receive the payment if you miss the enrollment deadline and will default to no coverage for the 2022-2023 plan year.
Please note: If a family member is a Green Dot employee covered under any Green Dot medical plans and you are covered as a dependent under their plan, the waive incentive does not apply.
All three Tennessee medical plans offer:
- Comprehensive, affordable coverage that exceeds the requirements of the healthcare reform law — see your contribution rates. Tip: If you need extra protection from large or unexpected medical expenses, you may also choose to enroll in Aflac supplemental medical coverage.
- Free in-network preventive care with services such as annual physicals, recommended immunizations, and routine cancer screenings covered at 100%. See more covered preventive services.
- Prescription drug coverage included with each medical plan. Prescription benefits are provided by Aetna our medical plan carrier. Learn More.
- Large network of providers that have agreed to negotiated rates, which saves you money. All of the medical plans cover the same services, but each plan’s network is a little different, so be sure to find in-network providers for your specific plan.
- Choice of four coverage levels:
- Employee Only
- Employee Only + Spouse/Domestic Partner
- Employee + Children up to age 26
- Employee + Family
Don’t Have a Primary Care Doctor?
You should – here’s why.
- Better health. Getting the right health screenings each year can reduce your risk for many serious conditions. In-network preventive care is free, so there’s no excuse to skip it.
- A healthier wallet. Having a doctor you can call helps you avoid costly trips to the emergency room and decide when you really need to see a specialist.
- Peace of mind. Advice from someone you trust … it means a lot when you’re healthy, but it’s even more important when you’re sick. Your primary doctor gets to know you and your health history and can help coordinate any care you need.
Use Aetna Navigator to Get the Most From Your Plan
When you enroll in an Aetna medical or dental plan, you have many tools and resources available to you through Aetna Navigator. By logging in through Aetna, you can access a personalized, secure account where you can:
- Access claim forms and information
- Search for a doctor, dentist, hospital, or pharmacy using DocFind®
- Join health and wellness programs
- Use medical and drug cost calculators
- View or print an ID card
- Speak with a registered nurse 24/7