Making Benefit Changes
Annual Open Enrollment is the only time you can make changes and/or add or drop dependents from your benefit coverage unless you experience a qualifying life event.
What to Do if You Experience a Life Event
If you experience a qualified life event, please log on to Workday within 30 days of the date of the event to add or remove your dependent to/from your current plan. The date of your life event counts as day one of the 30-day window. For example, if your life event occurs on January 1, you have until January 30 to make a change in your coverage. If you miss your 30-day window, you will have to wait until the next Annual Open Enrollment period to change your coverage.
Qualifying Life Events Include:
- Establish domestic partnership (The state where you live determines the verification documents required)
- Divorce, legal separation, or dissolution of domestic partnership
- Birth or adoption of a child
- Death of your spouse/domestic partner or dependent child
- A change in your spouse/domestic partner’s employment status
- A change in your dependent’s eligibility for benefits
- A move out of the coverage area
- Receipt of a QMSCO that requires you to cover a child under your medical plan