Green Dot Public Schools offers a choice of medical plans with a range of coverage levels and costs, so you have the flexibility to select the option that’s best for you.
2023 – 2024 Medical Plan Options for Green Dot Public Schools California, Green Dot Public Schools National, United Parents and Students:
Compare Plan Options
For employees located outside of California, you can only choose between the Anthem EPO and PPO plans.
In addition, the Anthem Vivity HMO plan is only accessible in Los Angeles and Orange counties. You must live or work within fifteen (15) miles or thirty (30) minutes of your selected medical group. The Kaiser HMO plan is only available in Southern CA.
Compare the plans below and the Contributions Rate Sheet for coverage.
Opt-Out Credit for Electing “No Coverage”
You can receive a $62.50 per pay period payment if you waive Green Dot medical coverage because you and your covered tax dependents have other coverage that is not through the individual market — for example:
- You are covered by your spouse or domestic partner’s employer group health plan.
- You are covered by your parent or guardian’s employer group health plan.
To receive the payment, you must actively log in to Workday, elect “decline medical plan,” and complete the Opt-Out Payment Attestation Form to certify that you meet the above requirements. You will not receive the payment if you miss the enrollment deadline and default to Employee Only coverage in the following plans:* Anthem Vivity HMO Plan
- MetLife DHMO Plan
- VSP Vision Plan
Please note: If a family member is a Green Dot employee covered under any Green Dot medical plans and you are covered as a dependent under their plan, the waive incentive does not apply.
* National employees located outside of CA will default to “no coverage”.
All medical plans offer:
- Comprehensive, affordable coverage that exceeds the requirements of the healthcare reform law — see your contribution rates. Tip: If you need extra protection from large or unexpected medical expenses, you may also choose to enroll in Aflac supplemental medical coverage.
- Free in-network preventive care with services such as annual physicals, recommended immunizations, and routine cancer screenings covered at 100%. See more covered preventive services.
- Prescription drug coverage included with each medical plan. Prescription benefits are provided by your medical plan carrier: Anthem or Kaiser. Learn More.
- Large network of providers that have agreed to negotiated rates, which saves you money. All of the medical plans cover the same services, but each plan’s network is a little different, so be sure to find in-network providers for your specific plan.
- Choice of four coverage levels:
- Employee Only
- Employee Only + Spouse/Domestic Partner
- Employee + Children up to age 26
- Employee + Family
Don’t Have a Primary Care Doctor?
You should – here’s why.
- Better health. Getting the right health screenings each year can reduce your risk for many serious conditions. In-network preventive care is free, so there’s no excuse to skip it.
- A healthier wallet. Having a doctor you can call helps you avoid costly trips to the emergency room and decide when you really need to see a specialist.
- Peace of mind. Advice from someone you trust … it means a lot when you’re healthy, but it’s even more important when you’re sick. Your primary doctor gets to know you and your health history and can help coordinate any care you need.